Adusting Tempo To Your Playing Speed
Adjusting the tempo, in MIDI Options, permits you to play along with a tune at your own speed. The tempo can be increased as you are ready and able to do so.
The tempo adjustment MIDI Options can be accessed in different ways:
- Menu: Play > MIDI Options.
- Click Speaker icon.
- Windows Keyboard Shortcut: Alt+K.
The tempo can be adjusted in MIDI Options by:
- adjusting the slider bar.
- typing a new tempo in box.
- using the up/down arrows.
- Windows Keyboard Shortcut: Alt+K opens MIDI Options; Alt+T toggles the use of PgUp/PgDn or Up/Down Arrows for tempo adjustment.
Note: Clicking OK
, will change the actual tempo of the file. You will be prompted to save these changes when you close the file (no saves in TEFviewer). Clicking Play
, starts playback from measure 1, keeping MIDI Options open, to allow adjustments to tempo. Clicking Stop, stops playback, keeping MIDI Options open. Cancel closes Options, with file remaining unchanged.