Exporting ABC Files
The Registered Version of TablEdit will Export ABC files.
Only one Instrument Module (the current one) will be exported at a time.
- File > Export > ABC
- File: Choose directory and name > Save > Export > OK
Multiple tunes can be exported into the same ABC file, by clicking Append to file. The tune will be added after the last abc tune, and given a number in sequence.
TablEdit does not always export good ABC files; they may require some clean-up.
- If chord names have been added to both tablature and notation, chords will appear doubled in the ABC ("G" "G") and one set will need to be deleted.
- TablEdit will sometimes add an extra key (K) at the end of the ABC file, which needs to be deleted.
- Viewing the resulting ABC file in your favorite ABC viewer will show any other corrections that may be necessary.
- You may achieve better results by exporting the TablEdit file to MIDI, and then importing the MIDI file into your favorite ABC program.